I know you're a fan of the next gen stuff, and I'm looking to get into it, so I was wondering if you had any fic recs for them? I'm not picky about ships!
DO I EVER, ANON. You’ve asked the perfect question and I’m going to do my best to offer my best recs so you become just as addicted to them as I am.
- A Small Spark Neglected - Teddy/James, there’s friendship and Auroring and nefarious plots and godfather Harry being a dork and it’s just the most wonderful fic
- The Grandfather Clock - Percy and James-centric, with eventual Teddy/James and Percy/Oliver (another of my ultimate ships that is tragically impossible to find substantial amounts of stuff for). Basically a character study of Percy and James, it will twist you up and wring you out and I’m going to reread it as soon as I’m done this answer
- A Life So Very Much Less Ordinary - a super-fascinating look at how the dynamics of the next gen work. It’s focused on Harry/Luna with some Teddy/James on the side and it’s so well-written that I can’t recommend it enough
- The Rules Of Being A Godson - Teddy/James. THANK YOU ALEXA FOR REMINDING ME OF THIS GEM OF A FIC MMMMM.
- Betrayal Is A Thorny Crown (You Wear It Well) - Teddy/James. Man oh man do I love this fic. It’s just so deliciously good. Mmmmm.
- What Seventeen Means - Teddy/James. I’ve read this one so many times and it just brings me so much joy
if you had to pick one or two favorite fics from each of your favorite fandoms - what would they be?
I LOVE this question, anon.
hi katy!! i was wondering, have you read any kirk/spock fic?? i just finally watched into darkness and am shipping it so much and don't know where to go for recs!!
Oh, I’ve definitely read more than my fair share of fics for them, anon! My best suggestion is go to AO3 and search for their ship organized by hit count, but my personal favourites are:
hey katy, do you read any clint/natasha fics where they are the main pairing (or one of them)? do you have any recs? if not, that's fine~ i hope you had a great day today :)
I do! They’re one of my ultimate Marvel ships! There’s plenty out there, but these two are my favourites:
I’m also going to point you over to this rec list, which is a little dated but super solid.
There’s been an incredible, overwhelming glut of really great Steve/Bucky stories in the wake of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Of the ones I’ve managed to read so far, here are a few of my favorites.
- lost my fear of falling by wistful_joy (Gradual, gorgeous post-Winter Soldier recovery with the best ending anyone could ever have come up with. Pretty and perfectly-paced).
- what we find in the telling by faberga (Steve tells people about Bucky Barnes. Poignant and lovely and so beautifully written).
- To make bright and clear your path by lanyon (Utterly gorgeous scenes from Bucky’s fragmented, but healing, mind. The best characterization in all the land.)
- Take this pulse with you by honeypuffed (Bucky listens to Steve’s heartbeat. Spans seventy years, from pre-WWII, to post-Winter Soldier. Lovely).
- Bed and Breakfast by pizzacakes1234 (Bucky recovers and Steve tries to help. Desperately beautiful imagery).
- Soft Spot for the Hell Raisin’ Boy by ifeelbetter (Bucky gives Sam tips for the care and feeding of one Steve Rogers. Funny and well-written and fun).
- there is thunder in our hearts by beardsley (Steve and Sam take Bucky on a trip. Bucky’s re-learning himself and they’re re-learning each other. Melancholy and stunningly-written).
- you wanted a taste of it by haipollai (Body-swap. Steve’s looking for Bucky and finds him in the most unexpected way. Painful and gorgeous with just the loveliest ending).
- It’s Not Home Without You by DaftPunk_DeLorean (Bucky shows up at Steve’s apartment. Perfect, soul-wrenching hurt/comfort).
- the cold calculus of war by occamstireiron (Bucky, still very much the Winter Soldier, tries to figure out why Steve Rogers is wasting all his time on a broken asset. Gorgeous and sad).
- young hearts, out of our minds by junko (The post-Winter Soldier fluff we all need. Steve and Bucky being adorable dorks)
Miss Katy, I'm going to get over a foot snow in dear old Kansas, and I was wondering if you have any fluffy Merlin fanfics that make you smile?
I completely understand the need to escape the weather with lovely fics, anon. I get it. There’s a complete list of my recs over here, but there’s also a Christmas rec list here and a holiday fic exchange blog over here!
Top 5 fan fics you have read
May I ask for some steve x bucky fic recs because you are awesome and i trust your taste （＾ν＾）pleaaaaaaase
OF COURSE, ANON. I don’t get to talk about them very often so this is fun~
Hello there! Do you happen to know a good reincarnation fic of Merlin? Have a lovely day <3
I do! There’s a full list over here on my rec list and there’s a masterpost of reincarnation rec lists here, but these are my personal favourites:
What are your favourite reincarnation fics? From any fandom :D it's one of my favourite tropes too, hee
It’s the absolute best, but there’s so few fandoms I’m into where it can be used and that’s really disappointing. At the moment, these are the reincarnation fics I love:
COFFEE SHOPS ::: BOOKSHOPS ::: LIBRARIES ::: BAKERIES ::: RESTAURANTS ::: PUBS ::: FLOWER SHOPS ::: TEA ROOMS ::: AND MORE!
The king has returned: A Merlin/Arthur reincarnation fic rec list
Old Love, But In Shapes That Renew And Renew Forever by leopardwrites
People accept that an old man might live alone. People accept that he might have lost the greatest love he has ever known.
we have the chance to turn the pages over by HalfFizzbin
It doesn’t take Merlin long to figure out that he doesn’t age the same as everyone else.
Hold My Heart Until it Beats by ingberry
Arthur dies and waits for Albion to need him again. But most of all he waits for Merlin.
Firsts For Everything by bevinkathryn
Sometimes, people seem to forget, in all this fighting for equal rights, that ‘gay couples’ are just ‘couples’. Merlin and Arthur, and a first-time hundreds of lives in the making.
As a forgotten continent by ca_te
Destiny sometimes plays tricks…Merlin and Arthur are born again as brothers. They have been strongly connected since when they were kids, but at a certain point, when they both are teens, something shifts in the balance of their relationship. How will they cope with it? And what will happen when Merlin starts to understand that the recurrent dreams that he has been having since when he was a child are something more than simple dreams? Will they manage to truly find each other in this new lifetime?